We keep our mobile phones with us all of the time. Whether we’re going out for dinner, a social outing, or work. Our phones are always in our hands. Therefore, it is important to keep them clean and germ-free to ensure that germs do not transfer from our phones to our hands or faces and vice versa. But cleaning your phone is not as simple as cleaning your hands. But don’t worry, as experts in electronics repair in Newyork explain to us ways to clean our mobile phones.
According to a research estimate, an average phone user touches their phone 2,617 times a day, and a heavy user touches their phone 5,427 times a day. This means that the transference of germs from surroundings, including keyboards, keys, countertops, etc, is highly likely. It is also important to note that some germs can linger in the surrounding for a few hours to several days, which may also lead to the spread of viruses such as Covid-19. Therefore, it is as important for us to keep our cell phones clean as it is important for us to wash our hands.
But unfortunately, cleaning your phone is not as easy as cleaning your hands, as you cannot just use soap and water to clean your phone. So how would you clean your phone if you cannot use the simple way of using soap and water to clean your phone?
How To Clean Your Phone? Explained By Experts Of Electronics Repair In Newyork
Experts at Fix And Go NY INC have developed a comprehensive guide to help you clean your phone and keep it germs-free. It is important to note that you cannot use any form of liquid or water to clean your phone, as using water to clean your phone may even cause moisture to seep into your device and cause damage to the delicate internal components of your phone. Therefore, using any form of liquid to clean your phone is highly not recommended by the experts in cell phone repair stores in New York. Even the manufacturers of mobile phones, such as Samsung and Apple, have changed their recommendations to include the use of disinfecting wipes of alcohol-based cleaning.
The following is the right method to clean your phone and keep it free from germs.
- First, it is important to turn off your phone and unplug it even if you are not using any form of liquid or water to clean it.
- Then you must thoroughly wash your hands before you move on to cleaning your phone to ensure your hands are free from dirt and germs. You should scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds before moving on to the device.
- Now that you have turned off your phone and cleaned your hands thoroughly, you may wipe the back of your device and gently move to the screen with a disinfectant wipe. Alternatively, you can spray some alcohol-based disinfectant on a soft and clean cloth. However, it is important to note that the ratio of alcohol must be at 70% at least, as it helps kill all forms of germs which may linger on your phone.
- While cleaning the device by gently wiping the cloth all over the phone, you must ensure that you do not insert even a tiny bit of moisture into the device’s ports.
Note: Experts of electronics repair in New York recommend that you must read the manufacturer’s instructions while you clean your phone.
Now that you know the method to clean your phone without using any form of liquid, soap, or water. Let us highlight some of the dos and don’ts so you are confident when cleaning your device.
The Do’s And Donts When Cleaning Your Phone
- You must unplug and turn off your device before cleaning it
- You must not use any form of liquid or soap when cleaning your phone
- You can spray the disinfectant spray on a soft cloth and wipe it over your phone. But you must not spray it directly on the phone
- It is important for you to sanitize your phone at least once a day
So this is how you can keep your phone clean and germs-free, according to the experts of electronics repair in New York. However, if your phone needs service or you need to get your charging port cleaned thoroughly, you must contact us to book an appointment with one of our technicians. For more information, please visit our website.
Read more about the Benefits of Electronic Device Repair.